Tuesday, February 9, 2010

'Running Into Love,' Part Two

Between now and Thursday, in honor of Valentine's Day, I'll feature four short love stories -- as told by a local runner whose relationship was forged on the asphalt.


Up second is LAUREN BARKER, 27, of Denver, N.C.:
"Dan and I met in the fall of 2002, my junior year of college. I had only started running two months prior, as a means for losing weight. As we got to know each other, we began running together.

Eight months later we began dating ... and running! We ran a few races together prior to getting married in 2006, and only after we were married did we become more serious about the sport.

We’ve had the joy of bringing home awards at our local 5Ks, and running much larger races together: Thunder Road, OBX, the Turkey Trot, the Childress Klein YMCA Corporate Cup ... although now I spend most of my time chasing him, as he is much faster!

My 2010 goal is to complete a marathon, and even though Dan’s pace exceeds mine, he’s committed to helping me accomplish my goal. I’m very fortunate to have a runner in my life -- who supports me in all I set out to do!"
- - -

Become a fan of me on Facebook by clicking here.

0 comments: