Yesterday, I posted this status update on Facebook: "My favorite distance: 5 miles. Substantial enough so I can eat 2 Pop Tarts later sans guilt, but over before it gets boring. Your favorite distance?"
I was intrigued by the mini-discussion it sparked, so I thought I'd toss it open to you guys. Among the responses:
- "I agree! Five miles is just enough to justify some reward ... ."
- "Five is good, but I like to push it just a bit farther to claim the 10K mark."
- "Ten miles! That way you can treat yourself and drink all the beer you want!!!"
- "I think it's a half-marathon ... . The thing I like about it: it's a good challenge and takes some dedication, but it doesn't take out of you what a marathon does."
- "26.2. Nothing beats the awesome challenge of 25-plus miles. Least favorite: 5K. Way too painful."
But let's get it all out there. What's your favorite race distance? And/or what distance makes for the most satisfying morning/afternoon/evening run?